.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, New York, United States

Thursday, August 03, 2006

USING MAGIC LOOP METHOD TO MAKE SOCKS

The Socks for Soldiers are growing right along. I have 9 inches done on BOTH socks now. I'm knitting them in white and they will be dyed black when finished.

I've had some inquiries about the Magic Loop Method and thought a few pictures might be helpful. I will upload a number of photos now and when I get to the heel, toe, etc. will post more. Till then I'm doing my 20 minutes a day and they are getting bigger!


When you turn your work around, the front needle will be hanging down to your right. Push the needle back through the stitches (home position) and you are ready to knit again.



The work has been turned around and there is one loop hanging to the left. Pull the back needle out to form a loop and you are ready to knit again.



And here is what that looks like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home