.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, New York, United States

Friday, July 28, 2006

Hot, Hot Weather!

Oh, this hot weather is really getting to me! So hot, in fact, that I am taking a break from my knitting and have started to sew instead! I've been making shorts for the kids at the Rez--did a test run on the shorts with Cora and she loves them!

It is a cute pattern from the Kwik-Sew booklet Sewing For Children. Amazon has it for $18.95. It has a master pattern with all the sizes for ages 4-12. You just trace off the size you want. I got my copy a couple of years ago and I figure that it paid for itself in short time! Patterns are so expensive now. There are patterns for pants, shorts, T-shirts, skirts, dresses, jackets, sleepwear. All of them easy to sew and the sizes run very true. No affiliation, etc. I just really like this pattern.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0913212172/sr=8-5/qid=1154145949/ref=pd_bbs_5/002-2032055-6094423?ie=UTF8

They also have the Kwik Sew booklet Sewing for Toddlers and I will probably get that soon. I figured the school kids needed these shorts now though--they are the ones who get out there in their organic garden on the Rez.

When the weather cools down a bit, I will be back to knitting mittens for the Rez. Our mailing date for the Blitz is Oct. 1st, so I do have a little time for those. I have been knitting for 20 min. a day on my Soldiers Socks--usually in the morning when it is still cool enough to handle the wool without sweating! But that's about all I can manage right now! Fortunately, summer is short here--though August can really be miserable at times! Ah, well. I think about our young men and women in the military overseas and know they are even hotter. I'd better get busy and sew some cool ties for Ship Support for them.

Keep happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home