.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, New York, United States

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

ADAPTING A SLIPPER PATTERN


I've been wanting to have an easy slipper pattern to make for the Rez and for Ship Support. I found Aunt Alm's slipper on the web, but as you know, I really like to knit things in the round. So I've been adapting it.

Here is a photo of what it looks like at the moment:

One of the things I like about this pattern is that you start out with the largest amount of stitches, make the garter stitch sole, then start the decreases for shaping the toe. So each row gets smaller and smaller. I like that! I'm using bulky wool for these on size 10 1/2 needles, so they are going quickly.

I decided that knitting black socks for soldiers is not for me. I tried, but I JUST CAN'T SEE THAT BLACK YARN! So I dropped out of that group and will combine the black sock yarn with other colorful sock yarn and make mittens for the Rez. It makes a nice tweed effect and I have lots of remnant balls of sock yarn. Makes great wool mittens for the kids, lots of color and wool to keep their fingers warm. Superwash wool so no problems with washing them. I can also combine the black yarn with sport wt. or worsted wt to make slippers. Just as long as I have some lighter colors so I can see where I am knitting! Old eyes just ain't what they used to be!

Not much else today--back to knitting--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home