.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, New York, United States

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Catching Cora

What a quick little imp she is! Cora came into my room yesterday while I was winding the skein of Socks That Rock! I got the colorway "Fire on the Mountain. And in less than two seconds she had it all in a tangle! All those lovely colors just had to be touched! Sigh. So now I am fighting my way through the tangles so I can roll it up into a center pull ball. I'm making progress and will work on it again tonight. STR is a superwash merino, expensive, but very beautiful. This will be my first pair of socks made with STR and I'm looking forward to starting them.

I have also ordered some spring colored self-patterning yarns and will make some socks for Cora and for Piper.

I joined two new Yahoo groups recently: SockForSoldiers, to make black socks for men and women in the armed services and The Ships Project, to make slippers. They wear the slippers in their bunks at night. I can use any colors for those. In the cold weather, I will make beanie hats for them as well. The nice thing about the hats and slippers is that I can use the worsted yarns that work up faster. The black sock yarn is thin and I will only be able to work on it during the daytime when I can see the stitches better.

Just sent off a package of baby sweaters, hats and booties with Cheryl--she mailed them to the Rez with some of her things. Have another BSJ on the needles of course.

Sewing:
Mostly mending for Patrick. If I could get my nose out of my sock knitting, I might get some quilting done!

1 Comments:

Blogger Three Sisters Yarn said...

Wow!! Lucky you--STR is definitely an awesome yarn. Have fun!

Monday, April 17, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home