.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, New York, United States

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Photo of the Green Mittens


I promised a photo of the Green Mittens--I really like how they turned out! So with a little luck, this one will come through ok! I've already done a red wool pair and have started a lavender pair to work on today. I think this lavender pair will be for me as I will need a pair for when the snowy weather gets here! Didn't really need warm mittens in California, but cold NY winters are a different matter! I have several shades of purple/lavender, so the kids will be getting some, too. I know a little girl would love to have a pair--maybe I will find a chart and do a design on hers. That would be fun!

I also took a pair of socks that I am making for my son, Mike, in California for Christmas and changed them over to a single circ for each sock. I was doing 2 socks 2 circs and got so frustrated with the yarn tangling. So I will do Magic Loop on each sock to get them finished up. They are a nice sage green (one of Mike's favorite colors) and are a basket weave design. Patrick, the son I live with here in NY, doesn't like wool socks at all--he will let me knit him hats, etc--just no socks! I'm glad that Mike likes them! Kids can be so different!

I have almost finished with the Baby Surprise Sweater for my granddaughter, Cora. She is 4 yrs old and I'm having to lengthen those sleeves. Not too much more to go and I can post a picture of that sweater, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Azhar Hussein said...

Hey :)

You have a great blog here, keep up the great work! I'll definitely bookmark you.

Do you wanna check out The Coolest Guy On The Planet's website?

Check it out if you get some time, and I'll be sure to check back here regularly!

Saturday, September 24, 2005  
Blogger PPC Search Engine Guru said...

Reporters Without Borders provides guidance for blogging from within...
The Handbook for Bloggers and Cyber-Dissidents is an introduction to blogging and avoiding torture.
A better way to search for banner advertising.

Saturday, September 24, 2005  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I have Questions. I like your mittens, do you have an EASY pattern for beginners? Also, where do you get your yarn for mittens and socks? I would like to make some for charity.

Thanks

Friday, October 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home