.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, New York, United States

Saturday, January 22, 2005

PREPPING PATTERNS

I spent some TV time last night cutting out the tissue patterns for some of my new sewing patterns. I got a pair of elastic waist pants ready to fit today and will cut out some fabric from my stash to try them out. I'll spend some time fitting the pattern, then will cut out a couple of pair.

I made a start on cutting out the tissue pattern for a dress, but that will take a little longer. Lots more pieces and lots more fitting! I'll probably take my time with that one. There is another dress pattern that is simpler that I may make first as it has fewer pieces and less fitting problems. I'm kind of in the mood for easy sewing right now!

But once these patterns are fitted correctly, I will be able to easily make some nice clothes and fairly quickly. The trick is not to be in a hurry with the fitting process. I usually make some design changes along the way, adding pockets if the pattern doesn't have them, etc. I bought a princess line dress pattern and I'm not sure how I will like it. But it is good to try something new once in a while! That one will have to have pockets added to it. Can't stand dresses, skirts or pants without pockets! They are just so useful! And if you make them of lining fabrics, they are flat and thin. I usually add inseam pockets as I like them the best.

Well, off to the sewing projects!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home