.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
My Photo
Name:
Location: Amsterdam, New York, United States

Friday, August 27, 2004

Love to Knit and Sew

Love to Knit and Sew

Here it is Friday, and I haven't written for days! Well, life does catch up with us!

My latest knitting project is a pair of wool socks for CIC: Children in Common, for the orphanages in Russia. I found a wonderful buy on wool yarn on eBay. 2000 yards of Aran sportweight natural. I'm combining it with leftover sock yarns from other projects and knitting them on size 6 circs. I love to knit 2 socks on 2 circs because when you finish, you actually have the pair of sock completed--no second sock syndrome! The bane of my life when I first started knitting socks! At first it seemed so slow to me, but eventually I was able to relax and realize that I WAS knitting TWO socks. Now I wouldn't knit them any other way. If I can figure out how to add pictures, I'll put some of the socks I've made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home